What's next After the Big Chop?

By | 1:18 PM 3 comments



I remember about a year ago, when I big chopped my whole hair, I had no idea what to do after. I didn't know if I had to moisture because my hair was too short. I had questions but didn't seem to have the answers and I noticed that plenty of natural sisters goes through the same struggle. I actually big chopped twice. The first time was a disaster!
I decided to make some research in order to find out what was next after the big chop. I was thinking this was my journey, a journey that I will made successful because of my researches and I did:

Moisture! Moisture! And Moisture! 


My hair was so dry. I started to moisturize daily and I instantly noticed the difference. My hair was softer and even shinier. I thought while having my hair so short I wouldn't need to do anything to it. Wrong!

You have to take care of your hair regardless of how short it is. 

Drink a lot of water & Deep condition your hair!


Once you hydrate your body by drinking water daily, you will see that your hair will thank you later. After constantly moisturizing my hair, I started deep conditioning and my hair LOVED it! It was finally healthier. 


You are what you eat!

Have you ever heard that? It is true that you are what you eat. If you eat junk food constantly, your body will not get the natural nutrients that it needs. There are the top 10 food that promote hair growth:





1. Salmon- protein and vitamin D, omega-3 fatty acids.

Other options: herring, sardines, trout, and mackerel, as well as avocado, pumpkin seeds, and walnuts.

2. Walnuts- omega-3 fatty acids, biotin and vitamin E.

Other options:Walnut oil in your salad dressing or stir-fry instead of canola or safflower.

3. Oysters- zinc, protein.

Other options: Get your fill of zinc with nuts, beef, and eggs.

4. Sweet Potatoes- antioxidant beta carotene, which your body turns into vitamin A.

Other options: Carrots, cantaloupe, mangoes, pumpkin, and apricots are all good sources of beta carotene.

5. Eggs- protein, zinc, selenium, sulfur, and iron.
 
Other options: chicken, fish, pork, and beef.

6. Spinach- iron, beta carotene, folate, and vitamin C

Other options: Broccoli, kale, and Swiss cheese.

7. Lentils- protein, iron, zinc, and biotin.

Other options: soybeans and kidney beans.

8. Greek yogurt- protein, vitamin B5 (pantothenic acid -- an ingredient you'll often see on hair care product labels), and vitamin D.

Other options: Cottage cheese, low-fat cheese, and skim milk also fit the bill.

9. Blueberries- vitamin C.

Other options: Kiwis, sweet potatoes, tomatoes, and strawberries.

10. Poultry- protein, zinc, iron, and B vitamins.

Other options: Lean cuts of beef are another good source of lean protein.

This is a journey where I'm still learning. After adjusting my diet I could see the advantages through my skin and hair.  My advice is to always make research and don't get discourage. It's just hair, It will grow back!


Source:webmd

_________________________________________________________________________________
(French)

Je me souviens il ya environ un an , quand j'ai fait le big chop, je n'avais aucune idée de ce qu'il fallait faire après. Je ne savais pas si je devais hydrater mes cheveux parce qu'ils étaient trop courts . J'avais des questions mais je ne semblais pas avoir des réponses et j'ai remarqué que beaucoup de sœurs naturelles passent par le même combat . En fait, j'ai fait le big chop deux fois. La première fois était une catastrophe!
J'ai décidé de faire quelques recherches afin de savoir ce qui allait s'ensuivre après le big chop . C'était mon parcours, un parcours que j'ai accomplie avec succès à cause de mes recherches :

Hydratez! Hydratez! Hydratez!

Mes cheveux étaient tellement secs . J'ai commencé à les hydrater tous les jours et j'ai tout de suite remarqué la différence . Mes cheveux étaient doux et même brillants . Je pensais que tout en ayant les cheveux si courts, je n'aurais pas besoin de faire quoi que ce soit . Tout faux!
Vous devez prendre soin de vos cheveux quel que soit la longueur.

Buvez beaucoup d' eau et démêler vos cheveux !

Une fois que vous hydratez votre corps en buvant de l'eau tous les jours , vous verrez que vos cheveux vous remercieront plus tard . Après avoir constamment hydraté mes cheveux , j'ai commencé à les revitaliser en profondeur et ils ont adoré! Ils sont finalement plus sains .

Vous êtes ce que vous mangez !

Avez-vous déjà entendu cela? Il est vrai que vous êtes ce que vous mangez . Si vous mangez de l'ordure constamment, votre corps ne pourra pas obtenir les nutriments naturels dont il a besoin . Il y'a 10 des aliments essentiels qui favorisent la croissance des cheveux:

1 . Le saumon - protéines et de vitamine D , oméga-3/acides gras.

Autres options: hareng , les sardines , la truite , le maquereau et , ainsi que l'avocat , graines de citrouille et noix .

2 . La noix - oméga- 3/ acides gras , la biotine et la vitamine E.

Autres options: l'huile de noix dans votre vinaigrette ou sautés à la place de l'huile de canola ou de carthame .

3 . Les huîtres - zinc , protéines.

Autres options : Faites le plein de zinc avec des noix , de la viande et les œufs.

4 . Les patates douces - antioxydants bêta-carotène , qui se transforme en vitamine A dans votre corps.

Autres options: carottes, cantaloup, mangue , citrouille, et les abricots sont de bonnes sources de bêta-carotène .

5 . Les oeufs - protéine , le zinc , le sélénium , le soufre et le fer.
 
Autres options: poulet , poisson , porc , boeuf et .

6 . Les épinards - fer , bêta-carotène , acide folique et vitamine C

Autres options: brocoli , chou frisé , gruyere.

7 . Lentilles - protéines, fer , zinc et biotine.

Autres options: soja et de haricots .

8 . Yogourt grec - protéines, vitamine B5 (acide pantothénique - un ingrédient que vous verrez souvent sur ​​les étiquettes des produits de soins capillaires ) , et de la vitamine D.

Autres options: fromage blanc , fromage faible en matières grasses et lait écrémé.

9 . Myrtilles: vitamine C.

Autres options : Kiwis , les patates douces , les tomates et les fraises .

10 . Volaille - protéine , de zinc , de fer, et les vitamines B .

Autres options: coupes de boeuf.

C'est un parcours où je suis encore à l'apprentissage . Après avoir réglé mon alimentation , j'ai pu constater les avantages sur ma peau et mes cheveux . Mon conseil serait de toujours faire des recherches et ne soyez pas décourager quelqu'en soit le résultat. Ce sont juste des cheveux, ils repousseront!





3 comments: Leave Your Comments

  1. i have some issues with the "eating" part! :(
    It's not easy for me to change my habits (spicy foods, few fruits, few vegetables) I should try hard!! #laziness

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aww! Trust me I took me a long time but… I slowly incorporate all those food into my diet. First start with drinking a lot of water. Then one day a week add one of those ingredients in your diet. For instance: Monday can be "Monday green day" = add a cup of green vegetables in your breakfast, lunch and dinner. Hope it helps!

      XO

      Delete
    2. thanks! I'll try :)
      xoxo

      Delete